Spectator/Fan Guidelines for Winter 2020-21
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the Harrisonville School District has developed the following guidelines/restrictions as an effort to keep our students, coaches, officials and fans safe at our WINTER sports and events. The guidelines/restrictions have been established to adhere to the current recommendations of the Cass County Health Department and the CDC, limiting large gatherings to a maximum of 250 people per venue.
All spectators will be encouraged to adhere to CDC recommendations in regards to social distancing (6 feet).
**Please note that these guidelines may change based on updated recommendations and circumstances as seasons get underway and competitions begin.
General Guidelines at Harrisonville
- Signage to remind to social distance - Patrons are responsible for distancing themselves
- All students/children must be accompanied by and sit with an adult for the duration of the game/event. Areas of playing will not be allowed this year
- Masks MUST be worn at all times during indoor events.
- Band, Cheerleading and Dance teams will be allowed to attend and perform at selected home varsity games. Cheer will not travel to away games this year.
- ONLINE TICKETING WILL BE USED THIS YEAR. TICKETS/LINKS WILL BE SHARED WITH PARTICIPANTS ONLY.
- WITH CAPACITY LIMITATIONS, THERE WILL BE NO GENERAL ADMISSION THIS YEAR.
Harrisonville Schools will share any/all streaming options. Visiting schools will be provided space to stream games as well.
When Visiting Other schools...
Each host school will share their guidelines/restrictions based on their school and county health department’s recommendations/requirements. We will share this information, as soon as we receive it, on our social media outlets and our school website. Each school will vary and we will have to adhere to their guidelines/requests or be asked to leave.
No students will be allowed at away events, unless with parents and meet the admission requirements of the host school.
Sport Specific Guidelines
Basketball & Wrestling:
- (2) tickets will be available to gameday participants. This includes:
- Home athletes / Visiting athletes
- All coaches
SIBLINGS UNDER THE AGE OF 10 MAY ATTEND WITHOUT TICKET. HOWEVER,
THEY MUST ENTER AND SIT WITH PARENTS AT ALL TIMES.
NO STUDENT SECTION WILL BE ALLOWED EXCEPT AT DESIGNATED GAMES.
- We will block off the first (3 or 4 rows) to allow for space between the court and the players. (Exceptions will be made to comply with ADA specifications.)
- Essential game personnel will be given a pass to show at each game. This includes:
- Athletic Trainer
- Scoreboard operator
- Home team video
- Visiting team video
- Home fans will be asked to sit on the East Side of the gym this year, behind the scorers table/teams.
- Visiting fans will be asked to sit on the West side of the gym this year, across from the scorers table/teams.
- CONCESSIONS WILL BE PROVIDED - ITEMS WILL BE LIMITED TO PRE-PACKAGED ITEMS ONLY
- NO FANS ALLOWED ON THE COURT AFTER THE GAME; PLEASE EXIT THE BUILDING IMMEDIATELY AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE CONTEST
- NO ADMISSION WILL BE CHARGED THIS YEAR
SPECTATORS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED AT ANY EVENT THAT INCLUDES TEAMS
FROM 4 OR MORE SCHOOLS PARTICIPATING AT THE SAME TIME