Harrisonville School District is pleased to offer an optional pay-to-ride student transportation program for elementary, middle school and high school students who live within one (1) mile of their assigned school.
• The program is provided on a space-available, first-come, first-served basis. Participation is limited according to capacity.
• Eligible riders take precedence over pay-to-ride students. If eligible ridership rises, pay-to-ride students will be bumped and given a prorated refund on a last-in, first-out basis.
• The program is only available on existing bus routes. No additional routes will be considered for pay-to-ride students.
• Stops may be added or eliminated based on neighborhood participation.
• Stops must be at least 500 feet apart to comply with state law.
• Bus stop locations and times are assigned by Durham Transportation Services.
• Students must be picked up and dropped off at their assigned location only. Pick-up and drop-off must be at the same location.
• Requests for a change in a student's bus stop will only be honored if the student's address has changed.
• No guest students will be allowed to ride along with pay-to-ride students.
• All students riding the bus are subject to the rules and regulations of conduct and safety established by the Harrisonville School District and Durham Transportation Services.
• A 50% refund will be granted if a student voluntarily discontinues riding and the request for a refund is made prior to the half-way point of the semester.
• No refunds will be granted after the halfway point of the semester, and no refunds will be granted for any other circumstances.
• The Harrisonville School District reserves the right to amend or terminate this program at any time for any reason with reasonable notice.
• Pay-to-ride fees are:
$100.00 per student, per semester, round-trip.
$50.00 per student, per semester, one-way
• All payments must be made in advance on a per-semester basis.
Pay-to-Ride Student Transportation Program
Round-Trip (both morning and evening service)
Each full paid student per semester $100.00
Each reduced fee student per semester $75.00
One-Way Trip Service
Each full paid student per semester $50.00
Each reduced fee student per semester $37.50
Board of Education Approved : December 15, 2009
1. Student enters at beginning of semester and stays all semester. Charge full amount / no refund.
2. Student enters at beginning of semester and leaves prior to halfway point of semester. Charge full amount / refund 50%.
3. Student enters at beginning of semester and leaves after halfway point of semester. Charge full amount / no refund.
4. Student enters anytime first half of semester charge 100%.
5. Student enters anytime second half of semester charge 50%.
1. To apply for pay-to-ride busing, please download the following form: Pay to Ride Application
2. Between the hours of 7:30 am and 4:00 pm, bring your application and payment to the Harrisonville Schools Administration Office, 503 S. Lexington, Harrisonville, MO 64701.
3. All checks should be made payable to the Harrisonville School District.
For more information, contact Kay Freeman, Secretary to Asst. Superintendent, at firstname.lastname@example.org, (816) 380-2727, ext. 1223.