Social Media Directory/Guidelines
Several teachers and groups use social media as a communication outlet for sharing information with parents and patrons.
Guidelines for Posting/Commenting on District Social Media
We welcome your comments/posts as a means of sharing your own experiences, suggesting improvements or chiming in on the conversation. To keep our social media focused, we have set some comment/posting guidelines.
1. This account is moderated and all comments/posts are reviewed by the Harrisonville Schools Communications Department.
2. To ensure exchanges that are informative, respectful of diverse viewpoints and lawful, we will not allow comments that are or include:
- Off Topic. We will delete comments not related to the subject of the page entries.
- Spam. Comments focused on selling a product or service will not be posted.
- Personal Attacks. If you disagree with a post, we'd like to hear from you. We do ask that you refrain from personal attacks or being disrespectful of others.
- Illegal. Laws that govern use of copyrights, trade secrets, etc., will be followed.
- Language. Comments including but not limited to: profane or provocative language, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or derogatory content, threats, obscene or sexually explicit language will be deleted.
- Links to outside websites. We will not allow fans to include links to websites for any purpose.
Contact Us Directly. District social media accounts are not meant to circumvent regular communication channels for sharing personal issues & concerns. While the district makes every effort to respond to direct questions in a timely manner, comments regarding a personal issue with the district or a school staff member will be removed. If you have a personal issue or concern and wish to share it, contact district staff directly. For who to contact, please visit our website Conversations area - https://www.harrisonvilleschools.org/Page/1083.