ECC NewsletterFebruary 2019
Things to Remember
- Bring Identification when visiting the building or signing a student out.
- Car riders can be dropped off starting at 8:30 a.m.
- Parents must arrive before 8:50 to visit classrooms without special arrangements made with the teacher.
- Call the office by 3:00 with transportation changes.
- Do not send medicine to school with students.
- Students must wear tennis shoes to play on the wood chipped area of the playground.
- Please remember to post student names in windows when picking up car riders at the end of the day.
- Please pull around to assist with seat buckling if your child is unable to do this on their own.
- Siblings may not attend field trips and classroom parties.
- Breakfast is served from 8:30-8:50 a.m.
- Preschool donations can be paid in the office.
Upcoming EventsFebruary 11 Bright Futures Meeting @ 2:30 p.m.February 14 PAT Play Group @ 9:15 a.m.February 14 Kindergarten parties @ 2:45 p.m.February 18 Presidents' Day - No SchoolFebruary 19 No PreschoolFebruary 21 PAT Play Group @ 9:15 a.m.February 28 PAT Play Group @ 9:15 a.m.March 1 Breakfast with Books @ 8:30 a.m.
Monthly Award WinnersKindergarten students are recognized each month during a school assembly. Our latest assembly was held on Thursday, January 31st at 2:45 p.m. The next assembly will be Tuesday, March 5th at 2:45 p.m.Parents will be notified if their child is receiving an award each month. Awards are given for being a Terrific Citizen, Math, P.E., Art, Music, and Perfect Attendance. Please remember to bring photo identification when attending school functions held during regular school hours.Terrific Citizens for the month of January were: Aubrey Greife, Johnny Moylan, Sonni Jackson, Tanner Harper, Heidi McCabe and Leo Teeter.Mathematicians for January were: Hudson Hargrave, Carter Bohnert, Brandon Gott, Clay Wolf, Alena Chance and Cody Mannino.Artists of the month were: Trinati Peek, Brynlee Terwilliger, Kaige Cantrell, Rainah Sharp, Hadyn Hausdorf, James Williams and Delaney Ash.Musicians of the month were: Jennicah Wetzel, McKenzie Soderstrom, Lydia Vaughn, Layla Watters, Charlotte Nickerson, Kenzie Gillette, Oakley Gibbens and Rucker Noell.P.E. award winners were: Leylah Johnston, Gavyn Gutjahr, Liam Kinney, Madison Cavender, Tyler Mettler, Makenzie Miller and Jaxon Ritter.
- All preschool students will enter the building through the north doors (those closest to the preschool classrooms). If students arrive after school begins or must leave before dismissal, you will enter the building with your photo identification at the main doors.
- 2nd semester donations can be paid in the office. ($25 per semester)
- Parents as Teachers hosts a playgroup every Thursday morning from 9:15-10:00 a.m. in the ECC cafeteria.
- There will be no school for preschool on February 18th and 19th.
- Preschool enrollment for the 2019-2020 school year begins April 10th.
AttendanceDaily school attendance is important because students are more likely to succeed in academics when they attend school consistently. It is difficult for the teacher and the class to build their skills and progress if a large number of students are frequently absent. Data from a California study found that children who were chronically absent in kindergarten and 1st grade were far less likely to read proficiently at the end of 3rd grade.We recognize perfect attendance on a quarterly basis and hope to be able to recognize as many students as possible. Please have students to school on time so that they can get their day off to a good start. Try to make appointments for as late in the day as possible. Call and let the office know if your child is ill and will not be able to attend.Students receiving perfect attendance for 2nd quarter were recognized at our January assembly. Those students were: Autumn Brown, Summer Brown, Adalynn Calhoun, Alexis Carter, Paisley Caskey, Alena Chance, Abigail Coltrin, Oakley Gbbens, Layla Gray, Kaycee Gumm, Peyton Marshall, Tyler Mettler, Brody Monrean, Isabelle Obermiller, Logan Sexton, Kayleigh Shelton, Quin Shoaf, Leo Teeter, Jamies Williams and Osiris Zoog.