ECC NewsletterNovember 2018
Things to Remember
- Bring Identification when visiting the building or signing a student out.
- Car riders can be dropped off starting at 8:30 a.m.
- Parents must arrive before 8:50 to visit classrooms without special arrangements made with the teacher.
- Call the office by 3:00 with transportation changes.
- Do not send medicine to school with students.
- Students must wear tennis shoes to play on the wood chipped area of the playground.
- Please remember to post student names in windows when picking up car riders at the end of the day.
- Please pull around to assist with seat buckling if your child is unable to do this on their own.
- Siblings may not attend field trips and classroom parties.
- Breakfast is served from 8:30-8:50 a.m.
- Preschool donations can be paid in the office.
Upcoming EventsNovember 8 PAT Playgroup @ 9:15-10:00November 9 Breakfast with Books @ 8:30-8:50November 13 Community Conversations @ HHS 6:30 p.m.November 15 PAT Playgroup @ 9:15-10:00November 16 Mid-termNovember 19 Bright Futures' Site Team meeting @ 2:15 p.m.November 20 Kindergarten Fall parties @ 2:45 p.m.November 21-23 No SchoolNovember 26 No School - Professional DevelopmentNovember 27 PAT Tool Time @ 6-7 p.m.November 29 PAT Playgroup @ 9:15-10:00November 30 Monthly Assembly @ 2:45 p.m.
Monthly Award WinnersKindergarten students are recognized each month during a school assembly. Our latest assembly was held on Wednesday, October 31st at 2:45 p.m. The next assembly will be Friday, November 30th at 2:45 p.m.Parents will be notified if their child is receiving an award each month. Awards are given for being a Terrific Citizen, Math, P.E., Art, Music, and Perfect Attendance. Please remember to bring photo identification when attending school functions held during regular school hours.Terrific Citizens for the month of October were: Madelyn Malone, Molly Magoffin, Jerzey Hargrave, Jamie Chesher, Kaycee Gumm, William Guentert and Levi Smith.Mathematicians for October were: Eli Sharp, Patience Atkinson, Lilly-Faye Smith, Conner Chastain, Amelia LePage, Jabrya Spratt, Ava Jensen and Maverick Bollinger.Artists of the month were: Dominick Gilmore, Miguel Alvarez, Elliott Stout, Karli Klaussen, Leylah Johnston, Carter Bohnert, Korra Mayse and Hyde Smith.Musicians of the month were: Peyton Marshall, Paisley Caskey, Leo Teeter, Pyper Trussell, Aubrey Greife, Ren Hill, Lucas Hudson and Heidi McCabe.P.E. award winners were: Jackson Erwin, Brody Monrean, Alexis Carter, SoraLynn Castro, Zaylen Butler, Kayleigh Shelton, Emerson Mathews and Keller Williams.
- All preschool students will enter the building through the north doors (those closest to the preschool classrooms). If students arrive after school begins or must leave before dismissal, you will enter the building with your photo identification at the main doors.
- Donations can be paid in the office. ($25 per semester)
- Parents as Teachers hosts a playgroup every Thursday morning from 9:15-10:00 a.m. in the ECC cafeteria.
AttendanceDaily school attendance is important because students are more likely to succeed in academics when they attend school consistently. It is difficult for the teacher and the class to build their skills and progress if a large number of students are frequently absent. Data from a California study found that children who were chronically absent in kindergarten and 1st grade were far less likely to read proficiently at the end of 3rd grade.We recognize perfect attendance on a quarterly basis and hope to be able to recognize as many students as possible. Please have students to school on time so that they can get their day off to a good start. Try to make appointments for as late in the day as possible. Call and let the office know if your child is ill and will not be able to attend.Students receiving perfect attendance for 1st quarter were recognized at our October assembly. Those students were: McKenna Allen, Mattias Berg, Autumn Brown, Summer Brown, Grayson Campbell, Madison Cavender, Jamie Chesher, Bentlee Hall, Jerzey Hargrave, Tanner Harper, Starr Horton, Avelyn Hunter, Colton Huston, Blakely Kanoy, Liam Kinney, Cooper Litle, Madelyn Malone, Cody Mannino, Peyton Marshall, Brody Monrean, Isabelle Obermiller, Jaxon Ritter, Lincoln Sculthorpe, Eli Sharp, Kayleigh Shelton, Elliot Stout, Briynlee Terwilliger, Pyper Trussell, James Williams, Clay Wolf, Osiris Zoog, and Bentley Zwarts.