Advanced Degree Teacher Initiative
The Advanced Degree Teacher Initiative Program provides partial reimbursement to teachers seeking a master's degree or higher in a non-administrative field. Following each semester - summer, fall, and spring - teachers may apply to receive partial reimbursement for up to six hours of courses.
• Teachers, school counselors, and library media specialists may apply for this initiative.
• Application for reimbursement should be made upon completion of semester coursework for the most recent semester only.
• Applicants can only reimbursed for courses taken while under contract with the district (new teachers cannot apply for courses taken in the summer before they begin employment).
• Applicants will not be reimbursed for past coursework.
• Applicants must be seeking an advanced degree in a non-administrative area and earn a “C” or better in the course.• The Foundation will grant $25 per credit hour up to six hours per semester.
The program began in the fall of 2008.