Missouri Assessment Program (MAP Grade-Level Assessments
Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) Grade-Level AssessmentThe Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) is designed to measure how well students acquire the skills and knowledge described in the Missouri Learning Standards. They are designed to let teachers and parents know whether students are on track to be college and career ready when they graduate.What can students expect when taking the MAP assessment?
Who will be taking the tests?Districts will administer online assessments to students in 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th grade English language arts and mathematics tests based on the Missouri Learning Standards. Online assessments will also be administered to students in 5th and 8th grade in English language arts and mathematics which include performance events. Students in the 5th and 8th grade will also be taking a science assessment.How can parents help?
- Students will be asked to demonstrate they understand the basic concepts and can apply them in practical ways to solve problems.
- There will be questions on the MAP test, which align with the new Missouri Learning Standards. These state standards are aligned with the Harrisonville essential standards through the work of ongoing curriculum revision and development team meetings.
How are we preparing our students?Our staff has been working diligently to ensure that curriculum and standards are written, taught, and assessed at a high level to best prepare Harrisonville students for success. We also use a test called FastBridge to screen the students three times a year. Students who fall below the benchmark can be identified and teachers can intervene to help fill in gaps.Questions?Please contact your child's teacher or building principal if you have questions about state testing.
- Attend - make sure your child is in school and on time for testing dates.
- Rest - have your child get a good night's sleep.
- Good Nutrition - give your child a healthy breakfast to start the day.
Director of Curriculum & Instruction