TEST OF ESSENTIAL ACADEMIC SKILLS (TEAS)
Due to COVID-19, applicants will be required to take the TEAS remotely from their home or another location. Exams will be proctored online.The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a standardized, multiple choice exam for students entering into nursing school. The test is created and administered by ATI (Assessment Technologies Institute, LLC). The exam consists of 170 questions, drawn from a TEAS Test Bank consisting of thousands of questions. Topics covered:
Math (36 Questions) Reading (53 Questions)
Science (53 Questions) English (28 Questions)
There are 20 unscored pretest questions.
This is a 3-4 hour test.
The TEAS cutoff score is 58.0%. Scores lower than 58.0% may be considered under our admission by exception policy., in effect after March 31st.
The TEAS test may be taken more than one time, however, there must be at least 21 days between testing dates.All applicants must take the TEAS to be eligible for consideration to the LPN Program. The cost of the TEAS is $75.00.
INFORMATION & REGISTRATIONPlease complete 1-4 when registering for a TEAS exam.1. Click here to register and pay for the TEAS2. Click here to schedule a time to take your TEAS
- Dates are available April 20 – May 4
- Start times are available from 8:00AM – 2:00PM
- You’ll need to provide two dates and times that you are available to test. We will send you a Google Calendar invite for the date/time you are scheduled for.
- Please allow yourself approximately 20 minutes prior to the test to get set up and allow yourself up to four (4) hours to complete the test.
3. If you have not already done so, you will need to Create an Account at ATI (please be sure to have this username and password available when it's time to take your test).
4. You will receive a Google Calendar invite for the date/time selected for your TEAS. Please watch for an email to follow, and follow the instructions on that email.You will be provided a link to schedule a dry run, which should be completed at least 24 hours prior to the start of your TEAS.
Exams will be administered remotely with ATI and will be proctored through Proctorio.
- NOTE: Your TEAS will be cancelled if your dry run is not complete at least 24 hours prior to the start of your TEAS.
HAVE YOU ALREADY TAKEN THE TEAS EXAM?To be considered for the current application cycle, the TEAS exam results must not be greater than a year old at the application deadline.You will need to have Official TEAS results sent to us by mail, fax, or email from either the school you took the TEAS exam through, or atitesting.com.Fax No. 816.884.3179**Please dial '1' if you are faxing from outside of Harrisonville, MO**Mail: 1600 E Elm Harrisonville, MO 64701 Attn: PN ProgramEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
TEAS STUDY GUIDEIt is highly recommended to review TEAS study material before taking the TEAS, either by purchasing study materials or enrolling in an online course.The Cass Career Center has study guides available for checkout (two week limit per student) for a $65 deposit (refundable upon return of the study guide within the two week checkout period). Our study guides are limited, so please call 816.380.3253 x 7223 before coming to the office.