IV THERAPY CERTIFICATION
(For Licensed Practical Nurses)
Cass Career Center provides licensed practical nurses with the opportunity to obtain their IV Therapy certification by completing an online course. Tuition for this course is $650.00 The expected time to spend with materials is approximately forty hours. The course can be completed at an individual pace. The instructor for this course is Deena Roedel, MSN, RN, CNE.
After completing the online course materials, the student will check off on the following skills with the instructor or a preceptor:
- Insertion and discontinuation of a peripheral IV catheter
- IV fluid administration (initiation and maintenance)
- Administration of IV piggyback intermittent medications
- Regulation of IV fluid flow rate
- Dressing change of a central line
- Blood draw via a central line
The checkoffs can be completed by a registered nurse employed at the nurse's agency, (after approval by instructor) or by the instructor in the lab at Cass Career Center in Harrisonville, MO.
This is available to nurses who reside in a compact state or have applied for licensure for certification in Missouri only. Background checks and vaccinations are not required to be submitted for the online option.
**Revised 1/23, 11/22, 7/22, 10/21