ECC NewsletterApril 2019
Things to Remember
- Bring Identification when visiting the building or signing a student out.
- Car riders can be dropped off starting at 8:30 a.m.
- Parents must arrive before 8:50 to visit classrooms without special arrangements made with the teacher.
- Call the office by 3:00 with transportation changes.
- Do not send medicine to school with students.
- Students must wear tennis shoes to play on the wood chipped area of the playground.
- Please remember to post student names in windows when picking up car riders at the end of the day.
- Please pull around to assist with seat buckling if your child is unable to do this on their own.
- Siblings may not attend field trips and classroom parties.
- Breakfast is served from 8:30-8:50 a.m.
- Preschool donations can be paid in the office.
Upcoming EventsApril 8 PTO Meeting @ 6:30 p.m. McEowenApril 10 Preschool Enrollment for new students begins 7:30 a.m.April 11 PAT Play Group @ 9:15-10:00 a.m.April 12 Breakfast with Books @ 8:30 a.m.April 15 FFA Petting Zoo at ECCApril 18 No SchoolApril 19 No SchoolApril 23 PAT Wild About Animals 6-7 p.m.April 24 Title 1 meeting 6-6:30 p.m.April 24 Art Fair/Reading Night/Ice Cream 6:30-7:30 p.m.April 25 PAT Play Group @ 9:15-10:00 a.m.April 26 Mid-termApril 29 Kindergarten Round-UpApril 30 Kindergarten Round-UpMay 1 Kindergarten Round-UpMay 2 Kindergarten Round-UpMay 2 PAT Field TripMay 3 Kindergarten Round-Up
Monthly Award WinnersKindergarten students are recognized each month during a school assembly. Our latest assembly was held on Thursday, April 4th at 2:45 p.m. The next assembly will be Wednesday, May 8th at 2:45 p.m.Parents will be notified if their child is receiving an award each month. Awards are given for being a Terrific Citizen, Math, P.E., Art, Music, and Perfect Attendance. Please remember to bring photo identification when attending school functions held during regular school hours.Terrific Citizens for the month of were: Aubrey Forrest, Avery Saunders, Shaugh Ford, Clay Wolf, Noland Davis, Makenzie Miller, Charlotte Nickerson and Dominick Gilmore.Mathematicians for the month were: Kammy Downey, Avelyn Hunter, Reese Cooper, Korra Mayse, Isabella Cunningham, Elliot Stout, Hyde Smith and Arya George.Artists of the month were: Eli Sharp, Parker Webber, Mattias Berg, Alexis Danforth, Bradley Thornton, Alena Chance, Nolan Payne and Maverick Bollinger.Musicians of the month were: London Sloan, Carson Rodgers, Riley Dunn, Kara Widner, Jamie Chesher, Zaylen Butler, Ava Jensen and Summer Brown.P.E. award winners were: Brysen Kelleher, Cooper Litle, Aubrey Johnson, Conner Chastain, Logan Sexton, Jabrya Spratt, Molly Rushly and Levi Smith.
- All preschool students will enter the building through the north doors (those closest to the preschool classrooms). If students arrive after school begins or must leave before dismissal, you will enter the building with your photo identification at the main doors.
- 2nd semester donations can be paid in the office. ($25 per semester)
- Parents as Teachers hosts a playgroup every Thursday morning from 9:15-10:00 a.m. in the ECC cafeteria. The last day of playgroup for the year is Thursday, April 25th. They will be taking a field trip on Thursday, May 2nd.
- Preschool enrollment for the 2019-2020 school year begins April 10th. Pre-enrollment for current students begins April 9th. Check out the link on the district webpage at www.harrisonvilleschools.org.
AttendanceDaily school attendance is important because students are more likely to succeed in academics when they attend school consistently. It is difficult for the teacher and the class to build their skills and progress if a large number of students are frequently absent. Data from a California study found that children who were chronically absent in kindergarten and 1st grade were far less likely to read proficiently at the end of 3rd grade.We recognize perfect attendance on a quarterly basis and hope to be able to recognize as many students as possible. Please have students to school on time so that they can get their day off to a good start. Try to make appointments for as late in the day as possible. Call and let the office know if your child is ill and will not be able to attend.Students receiving perfect attendance for 3rd quarter were recognized at our April assembly. Those students were: Miguel Alvarez, Adalynn Calhoun, Alexis Carter, Liam Cates, Madison Cavender, Brooklyn Cecil, Alena Chance, Jamie Chesher, Rylie Collins, Drake Dubray, Riley Dunn, Hadyn Hausdorf, Colton Huston, Sonni Jackson, Cody Mannino, Isabelle Obermiller, Jaxon Ritter, Carson Rodgers, Lincoln Sculthorpe, Logan Sexton, Leo Teeter, Osiris Zoog and Bentley Zwarts.