ECC NewsletterOctober 2019
Things to Remember
- Bring Identification when visiting the building or signing a student out.
- Car riders can be dropped off starting at 8:30 a.m.
- Parents must arrive before 8:50 to visit classrooms without special arrangements made with the teacher.
- Call the office by 3:00 with transportation changes.
- Do not send medicine to school with students.
- Students must wear tennis shoes to play on the wood chipped area of the playground.
- Please remember to post student names in windows when picking up car riders at the end of the day.
- Please pull around to assist with seat buckling if your child is unable to do this on their own.
- Siblings may not attend field trips and classroom parties.
- Breakfast is served from 8:30-8:50 a.m.
- Preschool donations can be paid in the office.
Upcoming EventsOctober 10 PAT Playgroup @ 9:15 a.m.October 10 Community Helpers' parade @ 10:00October 11 No schoolOctober 16 Parent/Teacher conferences 4-8 p.m.October 17 No schoolOctober 18 No schoolOctober 24 Picture Retake DayOctober 24 Breakfast Buddies @ 8:30 a.m.October 24 PAT Playgroup @ 9:15 a.m.October 24 PAT Blockfest @ 6:00 p.m.October 25 Preschool Preview dayOctober 31 Monthly assembly @ 3:00 p.m.November 1 No school
Monthly Award WinnersKindergarten students are recognized each month during a school assembly. Our latest assembly was held on Friday, October 4th at 3:00 p.m. The next assembly will be Thursday, October 31st at 3:00 p.m.Parents will be notified if their child is receiving an award each month. Awards are given for being a Terrific Citizen, Math, P.E., Art, Music, and Perfect Attendance. Please remember to bring photo identification when attending school functions held during regular school hours.Terrific Citizens for the month of were: Eleanor Gibson, Madalyn Phillips, Leah Newland, Tanner Harper, Savanna Carver, Taylor Callaway, Aaliyah Barker and Lyra Domnick.Mathematicians for the month were: Finn Thurman, Brantley Herrell, Cameron Wollberg, Josiah Snyder, Pesley Ryman, Mario Villa, Naomi Gaskins and Luke Huebner.Artists of the month were: Harper Shoemaker, Raelin Neal, Madelyn Anderson, Marley Spratt, Michaela Coffey, Jayce Lindsay, Keighan Coltrin and Nevaehley Lawrence.Musicians of the month were: Layla Gilmore, Emma Brittin, Adelynn Garrison, Grace Malone, Greyson Sims, Kaelyn Holt, Emily Soriano and Georgie Kauffman.P.E. award winners were: Emma Rorvig, Tommy Lash, Austin Huston, Brooklyn Gutjahr, Bryson Hineman, Caleb Ritter, America Rodriguez and Tyson Talbert.
- All preschool students will enter the building through the north doors (those closest to the preschool classrooms). If students arrive after school begins or must leave before dismissal, you will enter the building with your photo identification at the main doors.
- 1st semester donations can be paid in the office. ($25 per semester)
- Parents as Teachers hosts a playgroup every Thursday morning from 9:15-10:00 a.m. in the ECC cafeteria.
- There will be no preschool classes on October 11th, 17th, 18th and 25th.
AttendanceDaily school attendance is important because students are more likely to succeed in academics when they attend school consistently. It is difficult for the teacher and the class to build their skills and progress if a large number of students are frequently absent. Data from a California study found that children who were chronically absent in kindergarten and 1st grade were far less likely to read proficiently at the end of 3rd grade.We recognize perfect attendance on a quarterly basis and hope to be able to recognize as many students as possible. Please have students to school on time so that they can get their day off to a good start. Try to make appointments for as late in the day as possible. Call and let the office know if your child is ill and will not be able to attend.Students receiving perfect attendance for 1st quarter will be recognized at our October 31st assembly.