- Verbal communications shall be made directly to the instructor involved in the grievance.
- Unresolved grievances may then be taken directly to the coordinator of nursing after a reasonable time has been permitted for corrective action. Chain of command will be followed.
- Grievances not resolved in the informal stages may be presented as formal charges under the following procedures:
1) Student may appeal in writing to the coordinator. The student must sign the written grievance. Written grievance must include the following information: date of filing, description of grievance and the name of the staff member or members involved. Upon receipt of the formal grievance, the coordinator will:
- a) Forward copies of the grievance to the Career Center director and superintendent of schools and the staff member or members involved.
- b) Make a decision and notify the student and superintendent of that decision no later than 10 school days following the filing of the formal grievance.
2) Student may appeal the decision of the coordinator to the director of Cass Career Center. Student must appear and present the written report of the decision of the coordinator. Notification of the action taken by the director will be given in writing to the student, coordinator, and staff member or members involved within 5 school days after this conference.
3) Student may appeal the decision of the director to the Superintendent of Schools. Student must appear and present the written report of the decision of the director. Notification of the action taken by the Superintendent will be given in writing to the student, director, coordinator, and staff member or members involved within 5 school days after this conference.
4) Student may appeal the decision of the superintendent to the Board of Education by notifying the Superintendent of their intent and by appearing before the Board of Education at the next regularly scheduled or specially called meeting of the Board of Education. The hearing before the Board of Education may be conducted in executive session upon the request of either the Board of Education or the student, or staff member or members involved.
5) If the grievance is not resolved at the district level, the student may appeal the grievance to the accrediting body:
Council on Occupational Education
7840 Roswell Road
Building 300, Suite 325
Atlanta, GA 30350
Phone: 800-917-2081 or 770-396-3898 FAX 770-396-3790
Web Site: www.council.org
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org