Mature behavior of Cass Career Center students is essential to the safety and success within each class. Proper behavior and general work habits are basic requirements for successful employment, and they are stressed as part of the educational program and are as important as the skilled areas of the course. If students fail to conduct themselves properly and do not abide by the Cass Career Center standards, disciplinary action will become necessary. Practical Nursing students will follow the discipline policies in the Cass Career Center handbook.
Additional causes for dismissal include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Failure to meet attendance requirements.
- Failure to achieve satisfactory progress in theory or clinical, based upon the clinical instructor’s assessment with approval from the coordinator.
- The possession or use of illegal drugs. Use of alcohol or illegal drugs during the school day, or on any school activity. Reporting to the classroom or clinical site with signs of alcohol or drug use. This includes odor of alcohol on breath. Cass Career Center has the right to require a drug/alcohol test.
- Stealing property of the school or at the clinical site.
- Two episodes of cheating.
- Unprofessional or unethical behavior in the clinical setting.
- Violation of patient confidentiality.